[TowerTalk] 4 point guying...how?

hasben@ix.netcom.com hasben@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:04:38 -0600 (CST)

On 04/02/99 17:30:20 you wrote:

>On 4/1/99 10:41 AM, Gary McDuffie, Sr. at mcduffie@scottsbluff.net wrote:
>
>>THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I'VE SEEN RECOMMENDED BY A TOWER MANUFACTURER, ITS
>>JUST AN IDEA THAT CAME TO MIND WHEN READING THE QUESTION.
>>
>>                      \        /         X = Tower
>>                       \      /          : = Equalizer or splitter
>>                        \    /          -- = Short guy to Equalizer
>>                       /      \
>>                      /        \
>>
>>Again, angle on the right pair of guys wouldn't be critical, as long as
>>they were equal and not too shallow (the ascii diagram looks too shallow
>>to me).
>>
>>Take aim guys.  Fire away.  Is this doable?

Hi Gary,
       Trying to get the "Short guy Equalizer" balanced would be absolutely impossible.
The best method is as Steve said....... Put two guys on one point of the guy bracket
(use three shackles) then put the other two guys as normal onto the other two points.
I would never wrap the guy around the tower leg, use a proper Rohn guy bracket, they are
cheap enough.

73 de Richard K0XG