[TowerTalk] Gin Pole Strength

Gary McDuffie, Sr. mcduffie@scottsbluff.net
Sat, 03 Apr 1999 15:36:50 -0700

On Sat, 03 Apr 1999 03:05:58 -0800, Dan Arney wrote:

> We were up on a hill in the Valley and did I have a great view.  SFV
> that is.

That screws up all the numbers.  Being on a hill, you're further away
from the center of the earth, decreasing gravities pull, so you weigh
less.    ;o)

Seriously though, there are many posts, and I'm so confused on it at
this point that I can argue both ways on it. I'm intrigued with the
whole theoretical problem.  This has turned into a great discussion
about theory.  I hope the original poster has not been put off by the
departure from the practical.  Safety is priority, and forces need to be
in proper alignment.  We all agree on that.

What cracks me up is the thought of all the real experts sitting on the
side "listening" to all of this and laughing as we all spout off our own
theories.  It will be interesting when they finally speak up and we get
the real scoop.

Gary