[TowerTalk] Guy wire interaction

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 22:25:39 EDT

Greetings, TowerTalkians --

      The common wisdom is that steel guy wires in the radiation field of an
antenna causes (interaction?) problems. I have to admit that I haven't seen
any studies or articles on this topic. In broadcast circles they talk about
RF absorption. How real are these problems?

      The only thing I've seen in the amateur literature is Lew Gordon,
K4VX's article that showed steel guys actually made his wire antennas radiate
better so I'll have to admit that I'm a little confused. I've got my own
anecdotal information that leads me to believe that there is interaction but
don't have anything more substantial.

     Comments welcomed.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
http://www.championradio.com