[TowerTalk] Re: Yaesu G-1000SDX Rotator

Tom Hammond n0ss@socket.net
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 06:41:25 -0500

Natan:

Thanks for the hint.  Will check that out... I know that it
certainly WAS centered when things started...!  In fact, it
turned at the same speeds for the first couple years.

How much eccentricity IS acceptable?  1/16" or less? More?

On thing I forgot to mention about my testing...

  While taking voltage readings, I found that the voltage
  taken at the output leads to the motor winding (e.g. right
  at the back of the control) both measure 20.x VDC (in BOTH
  directions) if the plug is NOT inserted into the socket...
  but the CW voltage drops nearly 8V when a load is placed
  on the control bax, even though there is no discernible
  increase in load current... in fact, it seems to drop a bit.

Will continue to work thru this.  Thanks for yout reply.

73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS