[TowerTalk] Lightning protection grounding

David Leikis dlleikis@deseretonline.com
Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:39:44 -0600

Hello,

I have seen many recent postings concerning grounding methods and saw
one that stated to run a ground conductor up the mast to the final
section (and the others as well) to prevent any high resistance points
along the way through the joints.

My question is this:  I am erecting a self-supporting crankup and am
concerned about the sliding joints of the installation.  It seems as
though these would definitely be high resistance and would need this
more than any other.  What is a recommended method from those that may
have done this before?  We can have some pretty severe storms here and I
am positive (or negative)  that lightning charge dissipation should be
'high' on my list.

Dave KG7EW