[TowerTalk] Broadcaster fined,Thanks to Tom - W8JI

Bob Perring perring@texas.net
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 07:48:13 -0500

At 03:17 4/13/99 , Edward Pagaduan wrote:
>>Well-known
>>Georgia Top Band operator Tom Rauch, W8JI, had noticed the spurious on
>>1909 and contacted the station. "After four unsuccessful attempts to
>>get them to correct the problem, their switchboard operator said, 'If
>>we are bothering you way up in Georgia, why don't you just call the
>>FCC and quit calling us?'" Rauch reported. "Just to be helpful, I did
>>exactly what she asked!"
Maybe the switchboard operator should be sent a nice short thank you card,
thanking her and her company for advising her to give such good advice
when the "notification" was phoned into the station.
N5RP