[TowerTalk] Zoning approval

Brian Smithson brian_smithson@vds.com
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:51:57 -0400

Great strategy!

I did something similar here in York Co SC. I used a
copy of my mortgage survey to indicate my site plan
and fall radius. I had a bit of a problem when the
chief building inspector mistook my application for a
COMMERCIAL tower. Turns out local hams had done all
the legwork for me in years past because a recent
zoning change excluded the need for a permit AT ALL
for amateur radio structures less than 100'! I got
a permit all secured before I found this out. Also,
before I learned about the commercial misunderstanding
I hired a PE for the foundation work only.

The C31XR on top of my 72' Titan is AWESOME!

73!

-Brian