[TowerTalk] Comments re X9, Lambchops

Jack Schuster jsschuster@snet.net
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 02:41:55 -0400

I helped K1RM put his X9 up last year, and we assembled it on the tower,
after Vin had first put it all together on the ground. Cant recall
exactly what we did, but K1RM@snet.net can probably answer any
questions.

Vin loves the antenna; K1ZM won WW last fall with one;   I thought it
was well built. Last year in Dayton I talked to Cushcraft about picking
up some pieces I needed and getting a tour of the plant, and they were
very cordial and said I could. As it turned out, one of my NH buddies
brought me what I needed.

I sure would like to see what a force 12 antenna looks like...all I ever
recall seeing in Dayton is three pieces of tubing with pop rivets!

Steve's description of the guy grip called a lambchop brings back
memories of a device we used to hold on to a rope tow skiing way back in
the dark ages!

JACK W1WEF