[TowerTalk] R7(000) v.s. Mobile Antenna

Richard Thorne rthorne@tcac.net
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 06:36:03 -0500

I'm toying with the idea of getting a R7000 or a good mobile antenna
(High Sierra Screw Driver type) for my home qth.  I'm currently using a
remote set up using a Kachina 505dsp in remote control with the antennas
about 5 miles away.

Anyways, I have my 1000mp at the house and would like to put it to use,
maybe for some rtty work.

I have a 5th wheel rv in the backyard that the mobile antenna could be
attached to or I could simply install the r7000 to the side of the
house.

Has anyone compared the R7000 to a good mobile antenna?  Is one better
than the other?  I'm making the assumption that the R7000 would
outperform the mobile setup do to size.  But the mobile set up would
give me 75/80 also.

Thanks in advance.

Richard Thorne - N5ZC (Ex. KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Amarillo, TX