[TowerTalk] Lightning protection grounding

Bob Wanderer aa0cy@nwrain.com
Sat, 17 Apr 1999 10:14:28 -0700

Read the first paragraph below again carefully.
This wire would not carry much of the current.
Also, if you place it too close to the coax, you
can have a flashover. That is why the shield of
the coax needs to be bonded to the tower at the
top, bottom and intervals of 75~150 ft for towers
greater than 150 ft (obviously more a concern for
commercial sites).

The best method to use would depend on how often
you cranked up and down your tower.

There have been several postings regarding the
necessity of jumpering. I believe it necessary, but
the posters who disagreed are entitled to their opinions.

73,
Bob AA0CY