[TowerTalk] MFJ 731?

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 16:35:23 -0400

Hi Bruce,

> What ever happened to the MFJ 731 (tunable filter for the 259s for
> strong local sigs)?  I recently tried to buy one and no one seems to have
> them.

Dealers don't like to stock products, unless they have some
experience with how fast the product turns over.

So far as I am aware, the 731 is available.

> Did it work as spec'ed?  Was it any good?  Anyone know if it will
> come back?

It worked very well for at least a half dozen beta testers. If you are
very close to a BC station, it might not eliminate the problem but it
will most likely greatly reduce it.

Since it never went away, it probably can not come back...

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com