[TowerTalk] Notice to Bencher SkyHawk owners

Tom Hammond n0ss@socket.net
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:24:53 -0500

Greetings:

Thanks to Jim Miller, K4SQR, I was made aware of the fact that
Bencher apparently had a problem with the "Black Box" balun
which they originally supplied with their SkyHawk triband yagi.

This balun is now being replaced by Bencher.  I note just received
from Michael at Bencher (bencher@bencher.com, Atten: Michael) asked
me to notify any SkyHawk owners I knew that they (Bencher) would
replace the original balun with the new version, I assume, free of
charge if contacted by the owner of the antenna.

A direct quote from the e-mail just received from Bencher:

  The balun currently supplied with the Skyhawk is made from a
  length of gray 1/2" PVC pipe with a UHF connector at one end
  and two wires at the other.  If you received the black box
  please advise and we'll be happy to send you the new version.

  If those whom you received e-mails from missed the posting
  regarding the black box balun, we'll be happy to exchange it
  for the current design.

Sounds like good PR to me.

73 to all,

Tom Hammond   N0SS