[TowerTalk] Rotor in sidemount

Dean St. Hill vision2000@sunbeach.net
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:42:25 -0400

Greetings, TowerTalkians --

This may seem an entirely dumb question, but here goes.

If I wanted to use a T2X tailtwister rotor in a side mount on a tower.
Is it possible to actually set two "stop-points" to actually limit the
antenna from rotating 360 degrees... and hence crashing into the tower?

If not what technique is anyone using to accomplish this or is there
another rotor which allows what I'm thinking?

Or is it simply a matter of finding the two points beyond which I should
not attempt further rotation and sticking to that??

The tower I'm working with is old commercial tower which won't allow a
ringrotor.

Thanks for your help...

Dean, 8P6SH/8P2k
vision2000@sunbeach.net