[TowerTalk] Pipe VS Tubing

Joel k2qbv@cyburban.com
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 19:11:32 -0400

Hello Dennis..
Just fast word  response to your e mail.

I have to be careful on here as everyone has an two  answers to every
question.
What I have done was to use schedule 80 high pressure seamless 2 3/8"
waterpipe with a 1/4" wall. I then put another pipe with the same specs but
not same OD inside. To make a 1/2" wall sliding the pipes together does not
do.  To get the 1/2' wall, you must plug weld the pipes together no more
that 18" apart.  I have added a 12" rebar with 5"coming out each side of
the mast and welded at this point. You now have a nice little ladder to get
up the mast

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Joel, K2QBV