[TowerTalk] TH11 and Shorty 40, Revisited

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 16:03:01 EDT

In a message dated 99-08-03 13:37:14 EDT, n4kg@juno.com writes:

> It is highly unlikely that any high band elements will affect 40M
>  performance
>  when the booms of the high band antenna and 40M beam are parallel.
>  This is due to the fact that all high band elements are less than 50% of
>  a half wavelength on 40M.

Hi, Tom --

      Welcome back & tnx for your comments.

      I have a question. For mast windloading purposes, I'm contemplating
mounting a F12 230/240 on the top of the mast with 12 foot spacing to the 5BA
five-bander below it. Any (significant) problems with this proposed
configuration? My question has more to do with the bigger antenna 'shadowing'
the lower antenna than the actual spacing distance (should be okay according
to F12).

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC