[TowerTalk] HAZER/ROHN guy attach points QUERY

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 16:25:09 EDT

In a message dated 99-08-03 16:02:31 EDT, R.Gorski@Astronautics.com writes:

> >Anybody out there got a good design for
>  >"quick-disconnect" guy attach points for a Rohn 25
>  >Hazer?  Glenn-Martin was not much help on this.
>  >
>  >To go past a set of guys, one has to install a
>  >temporary set below the Hazer and then disconnect
>  >the guys.  There must be nothing in the guy point
>  >attachments which protrude and intefer with Hazer.
>  >
>  >
>--In the McMaster-Carr catalog, I see 1) Load-rated spring snaps and 2)
>  Pear-shaped threaded chain connectors. Either may be useful for your
>  application. Farm supply houses as well as larger ACE hdw stores carry
>  these devices.

      Sure - as long as these devices are RATED for the same minimum breaking
strength as the rest of the whole guy wire hardware. If in doubt - leave them
OUT. I doubt that the aforementioned hardware is rated for breaking strength.

     Look around for some steel carabiners or snaplinks rated at 4000#
breaking strength if yours is a 3/16" EHS guy system. You local safety supply
store probably has them.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech
Champion Radio Products