[TowerTalk] re: Buried radials&flowers, base stubs

Rich Dailey, KA8OKH ka8okh@som-uky.campuscw.net
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 00:35:19 -0400

My grass grows very nicely out to 30' or so from my 40m
phased verts.  Of course my septic tank is there also...

BTW,  I have 32 (I think) radials on each vert,  run on the surface of the
ground,
not buried.  I would bring home remnants of Romex,  split it apart,
cut it to length (roughly 33 feet), and tack it to the ground using
wire insulation supports folded in half,  like a big staple.

After a few weeks,  when the grass grows over it,  it's very hard to
find.  They never get in the way of cutting the grass,  performs like the
books say it should,  it's cheap (very important),  and sure beats digging.

Ok,  to stay on topic,  anyone want to part with a set of BXB8  base stubs?

tu de Rich

Rich Dailey, KA8OKH <ka8okh@som-uky.campuscw.net>
The KB4NPI/KA8OKH Web <http://www.qsl.net/ka8okh>
"15 grand and 15 miles does not a biker make" - Unknown