[TowerTalk] LASER LEVELING/ ALIGNING

Donald E. Stiles goodnews@mail.cmedic.net
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:27:50 -0400

Russ,

I stopped at a small party store and they were on the counter by the cash
register.  The laser level is easy to construct, and, of course more
accurate with the length of the level you use.  A small torpedo type may
suffice in most instances.  The carpenter's 36" level was easy to clamp to
almost any surface.  The use of magnets is another possibility for
attachment.  There are some hi-tec electronic levels that would be an
excellent choice, although probably the most expensive.

I have used mine (a 36" carpenters level) with amazing results.  In aligning
the boom through the thrust bearing worked very well.  The possibilities are
endless.  Mounting the laser to the level can be as simple as using shims
and the ubiquitous duct tape.

I'd like to hear of any use the LL is applied.  Thanks for the reply.

tnx es 73 de n8csp