[TowerTalk] 9913F, etc

n8ug@juno.com n8ug@juno.com
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 09:30:23 -0400

Hi Brian,
I know you are intense with the rigid and highly defined parameters of
contesting, and what you've said is absolutely true, but please re-read
my comments and note that I separated them from contesters in the
discussion and addressed the majority of the amateur community with the
following:

".................Most full power HF stations with runs under 100 feet to
> the antenna simply don't need a better coax than RG213, and "barefoot"
> stations could participate with little restriction with
> a simple RG58. I realize the all of you big guns or wannabe's wouldn't
> consider it, but y'all aren't the majority - it's still a big, broad
> wonderful hobby with room for all!....."

I've learned from many conversations with hams all over the world that
our wonderful TT reflector is inhabited by many "casual" operators who
seldom, if ever, contest, but love to read and learn all they can about
all facets of the hobby, the art, the science, and the engineering of
amateur radio. Also in TT there are the "best of the best" in the form of
teachers and counselors, who never fail to contribute and share their
skills with all who ask, either on TT or with members directly.
These characteristics set TT apart from most every other forum I've
witnessed on the web, and places it high on the too short list
of forces ensuring the future of the hobby.
73, Press