[TowerTalk] 9913F, etc

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:20:50 -0500

I have been around RG-58U since it came out! After several  bad experiences
years ago, I have limited my use of it to situations that it was designed for....
receivers and test leads. Try replacing the a.c. cord on your electric hair drier
or toaster oven with a piece of it and see what happens!

If you are dead set on transmotting through RG-58U or RG-8X, leave a large
fudge factor in case of high vswr.  Also, bear in mind that the power rating
changes as you QSY up in frequency. RG-58 is good for 1350 watts on 160m,
but only 350 watts on 10m!  All this is assuming operation at low vswr.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC