[TowerTalk] 2 element yagi formulas

zeitler@ibm.net zeitler@ibm.net
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 19:01:56 -0700

Esteemed Reflectees,
I will be putting up a 2 element vertical yagi for 20 meters soon. Is the
old, long term, ARRL Handbook info of .2 wavelength spacing IDEAL for a 2
element yagi using a reflector?

Also, is it safe to use 468/f for the driven and then add 5% to that for the
reflector (this is what I have successfully done in the past)?
I guess kind of a dumb question since I know it works.

I installed a 2 element vertical yagi five years ago for 17 meters and it
was an absolute flame thrower. I copied the data from the Handbook and
figured I would do the same unless those of you who have the latest antenna
software recommend something that would be even better?

73s

Lane
ku7i