[TowerTalk] Inspecting tower sections

Dave D'Epagnier DAVED@ctilidar.com
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:48:08 -0700

Yes, I know what you're thinking ... aluminum and copper will cause
corrosion. I thought the same but he assures me that corrosion does not
occur when this product is used on aluminum, stainless or galvanized
fittings. I believe him. It's got "anti-oxidants and corrosion inhibitors",
say the manufacturer. By the way there is nothing wrong with having a grease
carrier. A lot of people use Dow Corning Pure Silicone Grease for coax cable
fittings. It works fine.

I also wonder (along with Gary) if there might be something even better in
the Jet Lube product line.

Dave
K0QE

	----------
	From:  Merv Schweigert [SMTP:k9fd@htc.net]
	Sent:  Wednesday, December 08, 1999 11:23 AM
	To:  Dave D'Epagnier; towertalk@contesting.com; 'Gary McDuffie, Sr.'
	Subject:  Re: [TowerTalk] Inspecting tower sections

	Interesting, looked up SS-30 and it reads :
	SS-30 Antisieze compound for stainless steel, contains pure
	metallic copper in a non - melting grease base.
	Uses: battery terminals and bus bar connections..

	Dont think I would be interested in using copper between my
	aluminum antenna joints.  Or grease base for that matter ..
	Must be missing something here..
	Merv K9FD

	> This is the stuff that a friend of mine has been using on all
antenna
	> joints, tower sections, and nuts and bolts for the past 10 years
or so. He
	> has done many installations and swears by it. It's Jet Lube SS-30.
He says

http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm