[TowerTalk] Re: Inspecting tower sections - Rohn input

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:49:45 EST

         I talked to my guy at Rohn yesterday and he said that they had an
employee (he's no longer there for obvious reasons) who didn't set up the jig
properly and then did a pretty poor welding job. And then it got by QC so
they're saying this is an isolated and corrected situation. I don't know how
many production lots were involved or what the timeframe was.

      Nonetheless, it's still an excellent idea to fit all the tower sections
on the ground BEFORE you send them up the tower to insure everything is FB
and save your tower crew a lot of grief.

      I think that the galvanizing slag will continue to be a problem though.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech