[TowerTalk] Bad science - Other Great books

Ed - K0iL k0il@mitec.net" <k0il@mitec.net
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 20:54:49 -0600

My apologizes for this off topic book list, but these are REALLY good books
on this subject/thread.

This one's hard to find (I had to order it):
"Science Under Siege" by Michael Fumento (1993/in paperback) Quill
publishing
Subtitled: "How the Environmental Misinformation Campaign Is Affecting Our
Laws, Taxes, and Our Daily Life."   Topics covered: Alar, cancer testing,
epidemiology, Dioxin, Love Canal, & Electric and Magnetic Fields among
others...

The other is "Why People Believe Weird Things" by Michael Shermer
subtitled: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time

I'm now reading DX-Aku which is full of silly superstition, but I'm
enjoying it anyway!
(There, a ham radio reference! -- All is well....)

73,
de ed -K0iL