[TowerTalk] Heights aluminum tower

K4SB k4sb@mindspring.com
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 16:01:46 +0000

I would tend to agree with Tony on this one. I've had a used
heights up to 120' with a wide spaced heavy dute 20 monobander on
it, and no problems at all.

When I took it down, I put a rope from a high pine to the top of
it, sawed off one of the legs, and let it just fold over. ( - the
beam of course ) When it came to the horizontal position, it was
a straight as an arrow.

And it's now up as an 80 footer with a 402CD on it.

I suspect the problem might have been the schedule of sections in
use. You can't expect it to taper from the largest to the
smallest sections and go on up. This tower has been around too
many years for someone to arbitrarily question the design.

73
Ed