[TowerTalk] Stacking and Guying

AD7L@aol.com AD7L@aol.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 01:02:24 EST

Hello All -

I have a couple of questions about guying when stacking yagis.

1.  What is the minimum acceptable horizontal distance between the nearest
upper guy and the closest approach of an element tip (the turning radius)?
This assumes that the guys are broken into non-resonant lengths.  I'm trying
to figure out how far away my anchors need to be.....

2.   How far out from the tower can one quit worrying about the guys being
broken into non-resonant lengths.  Obviously further is better, but any
practical experience would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ron  AD7L
Hillsboro, Oregon