[TowerTalk] sad day for ham radio

Roger Roger
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:12:38 -0600

I am also sad to hear that K6STI is getting out of the software business.
His YO and AO programs were some of the best antenna design programs
available!

I could almost see it coming, however.  As our corporate computers are now
almost 100% Win95, we have had problems running his DOS programs on them.
AOP refuses to run, AO won't print to network printers and locks up on
others, old versions (v. 5) of YO can't find the softkey, etc.  Also, there
was no discernable difference between his Ham version of YO (at $60) and
his Professional version (at $300).  Yet I still love the software!  We
still keep an old computer with Win 3.11 just to run his programs.  I have
asked Brian if he planned to upgrade to Windows versions, but received "no"
for an answer.

Looks like we will need to look elsewhere for good antenna software.

73 Roger WB0DGF
Telex Communications, Inc.