[TowerTalk] 50:75 ohm transformation

Ted Boerkamp boerkamp@nortelnetworks.com
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 09:28:05 -0500

Hello to all..... I spent the past summer putting up a new tower with
a TH7 at the top and various wire antennas to complete the coverage.
However, due to time/weather constraints I was forced to use a 200ft
run of rg213 to feed the relay box at the tower....my intent is to replace
this feed with some 75 ohm CATV cable that I have acquired, sometime
in the spring....my question...I have read alot here about "tuning/pruning"
the CATV to resonant lengths...if i were to use 50:75 ratio Ununs at each
end of the run, do i still have to worry about "pruning" the length of this
feed??(will any direct length do?) does anyone else use Ununs in their
setups?? How do they work for you?? Based on the standard formula for
calculating the resonant length, and on the distance from the shack to
the tower,  i either end up with a length too short or with an extra long
length which has to be coiled up somewhere out of the way....I guess
I am just checking out all of my possibilities...
Any help would be appreciated.....thanks es 73    Ted VE3SS