[TowerTalk] Bad Breath?

Mon, 15 Feb 1999 16:15:52 EST

Jim, Hi.  IMHO your question was in line with many others I've seen here.  Not
sure why no answers but I do think that somebody else recently asked about
this same thing.  It may have been last weeks discussion about using tel.
poles for tower.  At any rate, I remember reading recently that somebody
remarked that a rotar mount for a pole would probably have to be fabricated
and also somebody mentioned using a short portion of tower, wedged and bolted
over the pole top.  If it was me, knowing that a properly installed pole (as
outlined last week) makes a good support, I would either go the tower section
route, lagging in both horizontally and vertically thru the rotar plate'  OR,
mount a plate at the top, flush with the surface, and first counter sink the
pole top flat for the rotor to plate mounting bolts and drill a channel for
the cable.  Not only would I bolt in the plate to the flat of the pole top,
I'd have maybe 3 tabs of that plate coming down around the circumfrance of the
pole top for horizontal lagging.  Just a thought, would have to know the load
and torgque potential to be sure of the design.      Check the TT archives.
By the way, there are plenty of EE's and Phd's here who ask questions:  if you
haven't been there, theoretically you might be equipped to "go figure", but
asking a question of the multitude often is the best route.  Cheers,  Steve,
K1PEK
DAVIS RF Co., Commercial wire/cable, RF connectors, custom cable design.
Discounts to hams..........BURY-FLEX Tm low loss HF-microwave HDPE coax;
....FLEX-WEAVE Tm aerial wire.  Registered trademarks of Davis Associates,
Inc. .  .LMR Tm, Heliax Tm , PolyPhaser Tm, etc.  Free lightning protection
assessments. Visit our web site at  www.davisRF.com.  1-800-328-4773
(1-800-DAVIS RF)

In a message dated 2/15/99 3:10:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, n5nu@inu.net