[TowerTalk] YAESU Rotator rotation

Robert Hummel rhummel@cheshire.net
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:27:19 -0500

>>I changed from a Tailtwister to the Yaesu G-1000SDX and it fails to
rotate, more than 25-30 degrees.

I had similar problems with both the 800 and 1000 turning over a limited
range.

Turns out it was my fault. Too lazy (and too rushed) to drill the correct
metric bolt circle in my mounting plate, I picked up the holes I could. I
then clamped the mast. As a result, the rotor was not centered or axially
aligned. When it turned, it just bound up tring to bend that mast around a
conical path.

When I loosened everything up and aligned it, it again turned like a champ.