[TowerTalk] Mosley PRO 67B

bob puharic wf3h@ptd.net
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 03:04:32 +0000

Dick Flanagan W6OLD wrote:

> Hi, Arne.
>
> I am not the one who has the Mosley, but I am cc'ing him on this
> message so he can benefit from your experience.
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> 73, Dick
>
> --- begin forwarded text
>
> Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 18:41:39 -0800
> From: Arne Gjerning <gjerning@flash.net>
> To: dick@libelle.com
> Subject: Mosley PRO 67B
>
> Dick
>
> I installe 1 on these for a friend at 88 ft. It was a real BITCH as
> they
> use a really poor designed clamp assembly for the mast. We were using a
> 2.00OD heavy galvanized mast and fought it for 30 minutes minimum and
> finally asked for a hammer. Suggest you test this clamp assy to yur
> mast
> B4 putting antenna up.
>
> For what its worth, after working with that antenna, I would not own
> one.
> Its too close spaced on 40 to be much good other than a dipole. I
> didnot
> like working around the phasing feed line either while on the tower.
>
> You might consider using the HyGain cast aluminum boom calmps and doing
> mods needed to use them. BEST MAST CLAMP IN THE WORLD. USE 2 SETS ON MY
> 52FT BOOM 20M 5EL YAGI. NEVER A PROBLEM INSTALLING OR SLIPPING ON
> MAST....

I've had a 67b for abt 6 yrs...and as a member of Frankford Radio Club have
participated in many contests with a variety of antennas. The 67b aint a
monobander but it's great on 20. It's better than what most folks have on
40 (how many people have something up at 88' for that band)? It's not too
good on 10, however, in spite of having 4 elements on the band.

WRT construction, as I say, I live at the top of a hill, and it's seen its
share of 70mph winds...it's still up. And there are few beams which are a
real joy to try to get clamped to a mast in any case.