[TowerTalk] A Sad Precedent

Alan D. Gray agray@voicenet.com
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:34:34 -0500

Yada, Yada, Yada..

The tower company, with the help of the kind folks in local gov't, thought
they could stick it to a property owner for their own selfish gain.  Now
they gotta pay...tis really all too sad.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Rauch <w8ji@contesting.com>
To: Alan D. Gray <agray@voicenet.com>; GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Cc: towertalk@contesting.com <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 1999 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A Sad Precedent

> Think your missing the point.  It sets a dangerous precedent for tower
> owners (US)!  If your neighbors decide they don't like your tower for
> whatever reason, whether proved or not, they can sue and guess where
> your tower will end up? Not up!

What a world.

I refused to help a lawyer from California who wanted to illegally
use an amplifier to communicate in the ham bands with his
amplifier, and he threatened the manufacturer with a lawsuit for
"mental anguish" (among other things).

This tower thing is just as stupid. Property devaluation is one thing,
but mental distress? Nonsense. I sure hope they fight this one
through appeals processes, I'm sure it would be overturned.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com