[TowerTalk] 40-meter elements

Healy, Rus RHealy@mdsroc.com
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 15:17:52 -0500

I'm looking for a known-good taper schedule for full-size 40-meter
elements. I'd like something that can handle 100-mi/h winds and small to
moderate ice loads. I live in a 70-mi/h wind-speed county that's several
hundred miles from hurricane oceanline (as my results in this past
weekend's ARRL CW DX Contest bring sorely home).

I know there are designs in the ARRL Antenna Book and Physical Design of
Yagi Antennas, but I'm looking for other field-proven designs as well,
so I can make the most informed decision possible.

Thanks in advance.

--73, Rus, K2UA (ex NJ2L)

Rus Healy
Senior Systems Engineer, Microwave Data Systems
Web: http://www.microwavedata.com
Tel +1-716-242-9600