[TowerTalk] Have safety belt - will travel

Rick Bowden ki5vz@flash.net
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 09:15:53 +0000

--------------3BB9F3D9D4E7498580E2766F

Hi Steve and Tower Talkians,
I also do tower work . I have been do this for about 5 or 6 years for friends and
myself . About a year ago or so I started doing it for hire . Because there seamed
to be a market for that kind of work in North Texas . Last summer I stayed quit
busy . I have a few job in the work right now . One of witch we will be taking a
90 FT 45G tower that I put up a few years ago on up to 130 FT and putting the
KT34XA at the top of the tower and the Force 12  2 element 40 m antenna 16 ft
above it . There will be another KT34XA side mounted to make a very nice stack .
There is a picture of the tower as it stands on my web page  Rick's Tower Service
witch I haven't up dated in a very long time .
My rate are $25/hour with a 2 hour minimum if I have to travel more then 70 miles
it's $.20 a mile .  But I am not able do much traveling  because of my full time
job schedule .But if  my services are needed I would be glad to talk to about
traveling . I work much the same way in that the owner supplies the ground crew
and all the hardware . I have ginpole and to different trams one uses a single
cable and the new one works on to cable witch  will make it a lot easier to put
large antennas up and take them down .
TNX
Rick  KI5VZ     Home No. (972)539-0295

K7LXC@aol.com wrote:

> [...]
> >  in the Northwest area would be available to do the tower
> >  erection and antenna mounting. (I have helped Joe/NK7U out
> >  for many years at his Baker, OR site and I appreciate that
> >  I can't do the heavy stuff.) So, the purpose of my note is
> >  to inquire about your interest in this business, your
> >  availability during the late spring and summer, your billing
> >  rates, etc. I have heard and read that you do this and that
> >  you are in Washington. I live in Boise, Idaho and this station
> >  would be within an hour drive of here. For example, I am looking
> >  at some property near Emmett, ID this Saturday.
>
> Hi, Scott --
>
>       Pretty cool - lots of station ambition and a blank sheet of paper; it
> doesn't get much more exciting than that!
>
>       But of course I'd be interested in helping. One particular area that I
> spend lots of time on is 'consulting'. What I do is take your goals and offer
> options of how to accomplish them. I'm working with VE1JF right now and he's
> putting up 120 feet of tower with some real competitive Force 12 antennas on
> it (two C-51XR's - yes, 51 foot booms - and a C-31XR in a 3-antenna stack).
> I'm supplying most of the hardware and probably the installation.
>
>       If you have a copy of the latest Force 12 catalog (the one with KH6X on
> the cover), I supplied almost everything in the photo except the tower and
> prop pitch but did not do the tower work - that's another story!
>
>       My professional tower experience includes several years of commercial
> tower work (cellular, broadcast, communications, etc.) and working on over 125
> ham installations. My hourly rate is $75/hour and $35/hr for travel. The
> station owner typically supplies the ground crew and puts me up while I'm
> there. Of course I can stay in a motel but then I would charge per diem for
> food and lodging.
>
>      I can do whatever you want.There are typically four phases - a couple of
> which you can choose to do yourself. The four phases are: civil - excavation
> and concrete work for base and anchors; antenna assembly; tower construction;
> and antenna installation (includes rotators, cables, etc.). Depending on the
> scope of your project, I can give you budgetary figures for any or all of it.
> I'm also bonded and insured. I can also supply some towers and antennas.
>
>       Give me a shout if you want to discuss it further. H: 425-485-7913.
>
> Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
> Tower Tech >>
>
> --

--------------3BB9F3D9D4E7498580E2766F

Hi Steve and Tower Talkians,
friends and myself . About a year ago or so I started doing it for hire
. Because there seamed to be a market for that kind of work in North Texas
. Last summer I stayed quit busy . I have a few job in the work right now
. One of witch we will be taking a 90 FT 45G tower that I put up a few
years ago on up to 130 FT and putting the KT34XA at the top of the tower
and the Force 12&nbsp; 2 element 40 m antenna 16 ft above it . There will
be another KT34XA side mounted to make a very nice stack . There is a picture
of the tower as it stands on my web page&nbsp; <a href="http://www.flash.net/~ki5vz/tower.html">Rick's
Tower Service</a>&nbsp; witch I haven't up dated in a very long time .
then 70 miles it's $.20 a mile .&nbsp; But I am not able do much traveling&nbsp;
because of my full time job schedule .But if&nbsp; my services are needed
I would be glad to talk to about traveling . I work much the same way in
that the owner supplies the ground crew and all the hardware . I have ginpole
and to different trams one uses a single cable and the new one works on
to cable witch&nbsp; will make it a lot easier to put large antennas up
and take them down .
like to post the following. As we
tower and
information