[TowerTalk] Hazer and good platform grounding

Tom Osborne w7why@harborside.com
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 22:12:58 -0800

Jim Henderson wrote:

>I thought of making metal rollers to replace the Delrin.
>I am looking for any other ideas that any reflectee may have >successfully  used to improve grounding so that the platform may be >used as the feedpoint for a conventional coax-fed 1/4 sloper?
>
> Jim, KF7E

Hi Jim
Hazer does make a set of wheels for the platform.  A friend of
mine here in town got them and it works slick as heck.  It cranks
up and down a lot easier, too.  It still wouldn't be a perfect
connection, but better than plastic.  73
Tom W7WHY