[TowerTalk] 40m Sloper system

Terry George g4amt@zetnet.co.uk
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 17:33:27 GMT

Happy New Year.

Some time ago I asked for some info on 40m sloping dipole systems,
and several people were kind enough to reply.

I have done lots of work on this and ended up with four dipoles in
the conventional configuration ; but driving any two adjacent dipoles
in parallel, instead of just one. Whilst there is some loss of f/b,
there is a clear improvement in forward gain (this is in practice -
not theory) . This may be peculiar to my arrangement, but might be of
interest to others using this type of antenna - hence this posting.

Anyone wanting more description - such as it is - please e-mail direct.

                73  Terry