[TowerTalk] Modeling, Terrain, & Soil

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 08:16:38 -0500 (EST)

I have passed along the note that seems to best summarize the ideal
package for modeling real antenna situations over lumpy terrain and
variegated soil to one of the companies for their long range planning.  I
do not know what may emerge down the line, but suspect it might be several
years away--perhaps in time to coincide with the next 3-fold increase in
CPU speed and impementation of the 64-line buss.  However, it was such a
good summary rolled into one note, that I thought it useful to put it in
the hands of at least one development group.  If it ever emerges
as a product, be prepared to spend the equivalent of a top-of-the-line
antenna on it.  It may well be a package with the industrial market as its
target, in which case the price will be kilo-$ or kilo-Euros.  But we can
all hope. . .

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu