[TowerTalk] C4 Delivered on Kauai

Steve Gehring, KL7DC gehring@alaska.net
Tue, 05 Jan 1999 01:35:44 -0800

Hi,

I painted a 10 mtr monoband yagi with an acrylic clear coat in the early
90's while living on the Mississippi gulf coast, specifically back bay of
Biloxi.  After 3 years of gulf weather, the antenna looked almost new
except for some minor cracking of the 2 or 3 coats I gave it.

I also used light amounts of penetrox or equivalent on each element joint,
generally following the guidelines in an earlier thread, before I painted.

BTW, my brother-in-law, Kevin (N0FZR), and I, cam corded a spoof while
painting the antenna.  We labeled the spray paint can "DX Spray" and
claimed it added several dB of gain to the array after each coat.

Enjoy the installation, and I'll continue to paint all my aluminum.

73 de Steve, KL7DC