[TowerTalk] Alpha Delta-Low band Dipoles

Tim& Alaine Hemming ajk.hemming@ns.sympatico.ca
Sun, 10 Jan 1999 18:30:02 -0400

Looking for some direction on Alpha Delta Low band Dipoles. At present i
did have a 1/4 wave 160 dipole the sucummed to 100km winds last night .One
legs survived, but other got tangled in trees and was demolished. The point
now is a shortend version
of something .I have tried a inverted L, and it worked ok but did not find
it great on receive- Noisy. I looking at the DX-lb Alpha Delta dipole.  It
covers 160-40 m. Has any one used this , any comments?I know it is a
compromise but the shorter size won't get tangled with trees. I dont want
another mess like the one this morning,
Any advise or ideas wud be aprreciated.
Tim VE1RX