[TowerTalk] C-3S and TS850S ant tuner

Jim Reid jreid@aloha.net
Mon, 11 Jan 1999 18:35:21 -1000

>Now that I have gone looking, I see the web page is revised. Among other
>things, the C3SS and C31XR are down with the rest of the C3/4 specs, and
all
>mention of the reverse [direction of gain on 17 meters] is gone.

Aloha,  I am a bit sunburned from fooling around assembling my C4
the last two days.  Have ducked out of the sun quite a bit,  so
am not trying to do it all in a day or two.  Plan on putting the
C4 up and taking the Mosley -34 down on Friday.

Anyway,   in my C4 manual,  is a drawing labeled "dwc4.004"
Force 12,  Inc., 1997.  This is a very detailed drawing giving
every dimension about this antenna one could possibly want.
The boom is vertical on the page,  and an arrow pointing down
says, "Front of Antenna",  and immediately below that is a
parenthetical line as follows:

(On 17 meters,  front is other direction).

So there you have it,  printed in presumably the latest Force 12
assembly manual for the C4.

BTW,  got an e-mail from Tom today advising that if I hadn't
yet assembled the C4,  he could work something out so that
I could order and put up his new C19XR,  which is a 100 mph
wind rated unit,  and has some other enhanced specs,  but
does not cover 40 meters.  I decided to go ahead and
finish and use the C4,  as I do want the rotating dipole up
there for 40. I did want a complete stainless steel hardware
kit for the C4,  but unfortunately all Force 12 could provide
in SS were the boom to element U bolts;  not even the
larger "muffler clamps" (2" U bolts used with the Easy
On*TM mounting plate).  So decided to just go ahead
and assemble with the stock zinc plated hardware.

Will let you know how it operates in a few more days,  I hope.

73,   Jim,  KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai