[TowerTalk] Schematic Drawing Program

LYN designserv@ipass.net
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:21:15 -0500

Eugene Skopal wrote:

> Dick,
>
> I have had good luck with CirCad from Holophase.  It is very powerful and
> reasonably priced for Hams.  It produces windows printer output (which you
> can capture to a file), AutoCAD (DXF) files, and "Gerber" output.  "Gerber"
> allows me to order circuit boards over the Internet from APC in Canada.
> Costs about $100 for a pair of smaller boards.  Only takes a couple of days
> to get your circuit boards back.

However, the literature for Circad does not list his specified requirements
that the program be able to output in his needed formats. It did list a
useful capability of accepting other formats as input.

Gerber is the preferred output for board layout, but is of little value for
a schematic plot. Dxf, hpgl, jpg, and bmp are more useful for schematic
plots.

Lyn