[TowerTalk] OR-2800P Rotator reliability

dan hearn dhearn@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 11:54:04 -0800

I am curious what experience the TT members have had with this rotator.
At one time, I believe there were some problems with the pulse counting
direction indicator. I also heard that, at that time, the rotators could
be ordered with a potentiometer installed for driving an external ,
resistance sensing indicator. I have never heard of mechanical problems
with the rotator. Is anyone using it for rotating an 80 m yagi? Is there
a spot in the rotator mechanics such that a potentiometer could be added
later ? Thanks, Dan, N5AR