[TowerTalk] phased verticle question.

Mike Nash, NO6X no6x@inreach.com
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 22:37:17 -0800

I am going to put up a wire array for 80 meters this weekend (if it warms a
little) and I have planned it out on paper to make sure I do something
right. It turns out that the poles being used to keep the wires off the
ground are gunna be dang near 1/4 wave on 30 meters(will need to add about
4 feet to them. No biggie)
The spacing will be .56 wavelengths apart.
Here is the question.

Is that close enough to .5 wavelengths to allow them to work properly?

The idea is to be able to switch between broadside and end fire, by
switching in and out a 1/2 wavelength of coax.

well verticle gurus, will it work or not....I know I know add lotsa
radials...hmmm to elevate or not to elevate :)

73
Mike...NO6X

A Keyring, what a handy gadget. It allows me to lose all of my keys at one
time.