[TowerTalk] Tower grounds near Underground Utilities?

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av@qsl.net
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:10:03 GMT

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 13:28:14 -0800, Jonathan Kaplan <jonk@jskent.com>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>	I'm planning to put up a 55ft US Tower crank-up. The only place I
>have available is in a vegtable garden. As it happens, the electrical
>mains and

>gas mains

Wow!!  There are probably all kinds of rules about being near gas
mains. Best talk to your local building inspectors & the gas company.
Don't be in the dark before you dig. See what you need for a permit.

>for the house pass underground within five
>feet of the tower's footing. Is there any problem/special consideration
>with grounding this tower this close to the mains with the three
>ground rods tied to the tower legs and each other?
>	Thanks for any help/suggestions?
>
>73
>Jonathan KO6XS

73, Guy.