[TowerTalk] Tower grounds near Underground Utilities?

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av@qsl.net
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 15:54:57 GMT

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 15:45:01 -0800, Jonathan Kaplan <jonk@jskent.com>
wrote:

>I may have "misspoken". When I said "near the electrical and gas mains. I
>didn't
>mean that the tower  was to be anywhere near the street or in the
>utilities' easement.
>I just meant the lines feeding the house enter the house nearby and pass
>with five feet of the
>tower base.

Even with this lesser case, I still would be sure what, if any rules,
your utilities have in this regard, or perhaps local building codes.
It's not entirely improbable that you may have to dig elsewhere, or
have the lines rerouted before you do. Check this one out carefully.

Good Luck & 73.

Guy.

Guy L. Olinger
k2av@qsl.net