[TowerTalk] PARASLEEVE ANTENNA ELEMENTS

spelunk.sueno spelunk.sueno@cwix.com
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:16:18 -0500

     Here's an idea:  Use parasleeve-like DEs for a 3L array on 5 bands by
mounting the last two sleeves (for 17 and 12) ABOVE AND BELOW the other
three, using the mast for a support.  Sort of like very close-spaced dipoles
on all bands.  This requires that the array be mounted with the DEs at
approximately the mast location (hence the need for 3Ls; the Directors would
have to balance array.)

     This isn't as far-fetched as it may seem (I hope).  Look at Tom's 3/2
Zagi array at http://www.qth.com/force12/  .  The DE for the 80M Yagi is
above the Refl and Dir.  The whole array "thinks" it's at 88 feet, the
elevation of the DE.

     To make this into a 2L array for 5 bands you'd need some way of
mounting the last two elements in a vertical plane, co-planar with one of
the boom-mounted parasleeves.  Or can you get away with simply mounting the
5 sleeves in the same horizontal plane, with two elements very far from the
(presumed) central split dipole and two adjacent to it?  My suggested
arrangement keeps the solid sleeves in proximity to the split dipole, albeit
in 3 dimensions.

Gene Smar  AD3F
spelunk.sueno@mci2000.com

P.S. Dibs on royalties!