[TowerTalk] HDBX????

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Sat, 30 Jan 1999 10:35:54 EST

In a message dated 99-01-30 10:16:25 EST, n7ex@athenet.net writes:

> As a former HDBX oener I would echo all of W3OZ comments here. Another
>  thing to remeber is that you can easliy spend $300+ just for the 5 yards of
>  concrete that are recomended for the base of the HDBX series towers as well
>  which in many case is more than you have paid for the tower!

     I was really excited when I bought my first tower - a used BX - about 20
years ago for $150. After stripping and repainting it (I'll never do that
again!), I embarked on the tower and antenna installation. About $1200 later,
I was finished. It turns out that the price of the tower was a fraction of the
total cost. Boy, was I surprised at the total.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC