[TowerTalk] Tubing suggestions

David Leikis dlleikis@deseretonline.com
Thu, 08 Jul 1999 18:30:41 -0600

Hello all,

I am installing my 3.5 ft. square tower base soon and was wondering
about the "proper" method to run the power and signal PVC tubes to the
concrete base for my crankup tower.  Is it ok to run these into the
corner of the base (where the rebar and tower mount isn't located) to
keep it within the square form, or should I keep it out of the concrete
altogether to prevent any weakening of the concrete?  I wanted to put a
four inch and a two inch PVC as well as the ground conductor down
through the concrete (at least for a foot or so until it is well
underground) and then exit it out of the side of the base.

Has anybody had any good/bad experiences with this? I am concerned about
the freeze/thaw damage that may occur here in northern Utah, but would
like to make a clean installation...

Thanks,

Dave
KG7EW