[TowerTalk] Crossed Dipoles....

Gary McDuffie, Sr. mcduffie@scottsbluff.net
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 09:57:33 -0600

On Sat, 10 Jul 1999 10:05:25 -0400, Tom Rauch wrote:

> I give up.
> It looks OK when I type it, and comes back in different alignment.

You must be using proportional font (or someone else is and is
complaining about it).  Non-proportional is the "rule" for news and
E-mail.  Some programs default proportional.

The second try looked good here (and centered), but the third was a
little crooked.  ;O)

I assume the 90 degree phase shift can be done with a 1/4 wave line
section at the center.  I think I've seen that in a handbook or antenna
book over the years.

Thanks for the wisdom, Tom.  I had always wanted to try something like
that but had forgotten about the phase shift.  I'm wondering how well it
would work if the two dipoles were cut for opposite ends of the band
(i.e. 3550/3900)?  And (technically) would you calculate the 90 degrees
at the middle of the range, perhaps?

73, Gary
--
Please notify your ISP if you don't receive this.