[TowerTalk] Commercial repeaters

Gary McDuffie, Sr. mcduffie@scottsbluff.net
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 19:39:23 -0600

On Sun, 11 Jul 1999 17:24:09 -0700, James Sawyer wrote:

> In Northern Ca. if you are at a good site you can get up to $175.00/ Month.
>   If the site is so so you can get from $75.00 to 100.00/month.   How
> important is it to the Two way shop is the real test.   Remember, the
> electric is not in the monthly rent.   You will add that to the rent as you
> see the increase on your bill.   Some put the electric cost in the rent and
> they end up with not profit.
>
> Give him a high quote and let him bring you down to a agreeable amount.

A couple more things to consider...

I would include a non-interference clause to the contract, so that he is
responsible for eliminating any interference he causes to you, and any
you cause him.  That way, you are not out anything either way.  Make
sure you are not locked to a one time check.  You need to have the
option of operating different bands and modes as your interests change
over time.

Also, a trick used by one of the locals is to rent space on a tower and
then rent out his space to as many as he can sign up.  This guy is on a
700' local tower, paying something like $35/month for space, and renting
to a dozen or more users.  Fair?

Gary
--
Please notify your ISP if you don't receive this.